Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shaking off the cobwebs

I just wanted to check in and post a few updates, as I anticipated this stretch of summer has been brutal for writing and many other activities. The plate is completely full at the moment and the anxiety level is high on so many levels. I'm hoping things cool off in parallel with the temperature here soon.

The short sale on the house is still in progress. We are in the final phase with the bank (again) the hold up at this point has been the offer sheet which has some difficult to read text due to multiple scanning and faxing. I'm trying to stay positive and am using all of my optimism to believe it's going to finish up this week.

I'm also in high gear with the new band, after some discussion with them, we decided to rename the group to "Deadringer". It looks like our first show is September 23rd, at Bethel Road Pub in Columbus ($3 at the door). I'll have some more thoughts on this as the next month goes by, I'm really happy with how things are going so far. If you are interested, the band's fan page is here.

In addition to the above, we are still waiting to hear whether my wife will be renewed for full time for the school year (they originally were going to renew her full time, but had some budget issues). On top of that, I'm on track for a new job myself, that I'm waiting for some confirmation on. I tell you when it rains it pours.

That's enough for now, the next couple weeks will be spent enjoying the Ohio State Fair and hopefully some of the other summer fun things to do down here.

No comments: