Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So much to do and so little time!

I just wanted to put some thoughts down to paper, since I seem to have a slight break in what's turned into a crazy summer schedule. I have a ton I want to write about, and also a bunch of things standing in the way of doing so. Here's some quick hits on what's going on in life right now and what I'm thinking about getting up on the blog in the near future.

1. I went to the 20 year reunion, and it was kind of a dud from a turnout standpoint. I was glad that a couple people I hadn't seen in 20 years did come out to the mixer and we got to talk, but the reunion itself was pretty boring and I didn't really see anyone there I was interested in talking too. I'm glad I went though and I have some thoughts on it as a 'rite of passage' of sorts as I think it was a bigger mental milestone then I understood.

2. The Disney trip has come and gone and it went very well. My daughter had a great time and was doted on constantly by princesses. I have so much I want to write about the trip, everything from how Disney's resort/park business does things that no one is even close to achieving, to watching my daughter for the week, to dealing with the first family vacation. The one interesting piece I'll leave you with now is: Prior to my trip we measured my daughter's height, she measured at 44 1/2 inches. Disney's highest ride requirement was 44in for Space Mountain. Prior to the trip we watched some of the videos on Disney's website and my daughter had her heart set on riding Space Mountain. She did in fact ride it and I can honestly say she had no idea what she was getting herself into (as evidenced by her look after the ride). I'm extremely proud of her though for riding it and how she held up at 5 years old though, and even more impressed that after a day break, she decided she wanted to ride it again and did.

3. My house sale has driven my anxiety off the charts. I'm hopeful as of today and some conversations I had that we may actually be at the finish line for this, fingers crossed, once we do finish, I'll write up some thoughts on it.

4. Tonight is my first official practice with my new band, "So What". I'm looking forward to it, but as usual a bit anxious and expect to be until I settle into a routine with the group.

5. Right before my reunion, I attended a big company anniversary party/session. I don't talk much about my company, and even though I'm fairly confident there is nothing on here that would be an issue, I'll still keep it's name out of the blog. Anyway, as I sat in the session, a lot of thoughts crossed my mind about the company and how I became a part of it. In addition to that, I also thought about what it means to me to be a part of the company I am now. This one is far down on the list of to do's but it's something I want to explore at some point. My company has been around for a while and I just celebrated my 12th year with them in April. It was only about 2-3 years ago, that I got over the disbelief that I'm working for who I am, especially considering I started with them in Cleveland (not exactly Silicon Valley). If you had told me when I was a teenager or even when I was in college that this is who I would be working for, I'd have assumed you were drinking more then me at the time.

That's it for now, need to go prep some songs for the practice tonight.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow--so much going on! Congrats on all the milestones. Lots of good stuff, may it all keep coming your way!