Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Friday list:10 everyday things that make me happy (100 things 1 of 10)

I was thinking about this topic the other day, and I thought I'd put it down and see if I could come up with 10. The list is certainly not all inclusive and it's in no particular order. I also should point out that this is intended to be a fairly superficial list.

1. McDonald's McChicken sandwich: Not the spicy one they serve west of the Mississippi, the one east of it on the dollar menu. Just the right amount of spice, mayonnaise, and size. Awesome and reminds me of my childhood, when I used to get them. You could also add McDonald's french fries to the list, pure awesome.

2. Rainy days: I love a good rainstorm, I prefer it when it's warm out, but even enjoy it when it's fall. There's something about the dreariness that I like and actually puts me in a better mood.

3. The perfect grocery shopping trip. The one where I've got a set of coupons or all of the sale items are exactly what I need, and don't require me to go to 4 stores to take care of my list. Bonus points for super loss leaders that come available when I run out of something and can stock up on it. Free money.

4. Finding a new author or series to read. I go through them so quickly I run out of authors. It also sucks as I have no channels right now for finding new authors.

5. New gadgets, the computer nerd in me still loves when I get a new gadget or new computer. I've gotten to the point, where I make do with what I have for long periods of time, but it doesn't stop me from getting "Night before Christmas" like excited when I turn something on for the first time.

6. Time to myself, oh how I love this, no worries about when to be somewhere, how long to stay, or factoring in someone else. Pure, selfish me-time.

7. Not being disappointed in something I've either planned for or waited for. Whether it is a book conversion to movie, or a night out that I've been looking forward to for weeks, I get a bit giddy when something meets my expectations. I also get bent out of shape when something falls short of it. (I think this one has a lot to do with number 6)

8. Learning something new. In trying to evade an old man's mentality, I continue to try new things and learn things I know nothing about. I also get a huge thrill out of accomplishing something completely new and I know nothing about. For an example, last year my garage gutters decided they wanted to fall off and I new less then nothing about what to do with them, after some thinking, a visit to the hardware store and a fully day of work, they were up and serviceable. Amazing feeling.

9. Sound sleep. Days when I wake up where I'm fully recharged tend to be rare, to the point that I wonder why I actually sleep some nights. Since so many nights are bad nights sleep, a good one is truly treasured.

10. Baking, my hobby definitely makes the list. I love trying to make new things, improvising and having success, and just the act of creating something (if only to see it disappear quickly as it's eaten). Hopefully, some day I'll be able to turn this hobby into some type of career.

*Post post edit, I decided I wanted to do a series on 100 things about me, broken up into a list of 10. So this one became the first one.

No comments: