Tuesday, June 8, 2010

From the may he rot in hell file *Updated*

I don't necessarily believe in hell, but I'm not sure the reference works as well without it.

Anyway, who am I referring to? Joran Van Der Sloot, if you aren't familiar with who he is, he was the prime suspect in the Natalee Holloway disappearance in Aruba. (and later filmed by a reporter saying he asked a friend to dump her unconscious body in the ocean as he thought she was dead).

He's now been returned to Peru from Chile (where he fled to) in order to face charges for the murder of Stephany Flores.

I also believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty, but considering he's not a U.S citizen, the courts in Aruba obviously had something fishy going on to not convict based on the videotaped confession, and that I'm not a lawyer or judge, I feel comfortable putting aside my belief in the concept for this scumbag.

If you couldn't tell I'm not a big fan of 'the strong' taking advantage of the weak and priveleged Van Der Sloot has shown a history of doing just that. I'm hopeful the Peruvian prison is as bad as I could imagine it to be.

*Update*
The Associated Press is reporting today that Joran has confessed to the murder. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100608/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_peru_van_der_sloot

Now let's see whether they are able to assign a sentence that at least makes one think of justice, although given the crime, I'm not sure there's one that measures up.

No comments: