Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Terribly busy

I haven't had much time to update the blog lately. Getting back from a couple days away always throws me out of my rhythm and on top of it, I've been fully occupied with three follow up interviews this week. (The next one in 30 minutes).

Just wanted to post some type of update though, the interviews so far have went well (knock on wood). In addition to handling them well, I'm getting a bit excited about the position. I should clarify that, I dread the thought of taking a position I'm not qualified for and due to the ever changing landscape in my field, I tend to understate my abilities in order to avoid this. As I've been going through the interviews though, I've become acutely aware that I'm qualified for the position and could bring some outside perspective to the new organization if I get hired. Now it's just a matter of closing out the last manager interview and then hitting a home run in the final interview with the hiring manager.

It also doesn't help that I'm quite comfortable in my current position, no travel to worry about, solid relationships with the organizational people I need to deal with, and there's not much that comes to me that phases me in the way of work. I'm telling you, getting old sucks, as you have to continuously find that energy to change and it gets harder and harder as the years go by.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Best of luck with everything!