Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Think I'm out

Well, I think I'm out of the band. I hadn't heard anything since we had went on hiatus and when I reached out to some of the guys I didn't hear anything back. 

I got a call tonight from the guitarist, he was non-commital with what was going on, just saying, that the 3 of them had met up and they were having some issues with the direction they wanted to go.  He said he wasn't sure what was going to happen and to just hang tight, but it sounds awfully familiar to what happened with their last singer. 

So based on my instincts and that call, I'm guessing it's over.  Which sucks on so many levels.  I'm disappointed and unsure of what it means going forward for me.  I'll see how things go over the next couple weeks to see if perhaps my instincts are wrong, but I don't believe they are. 

I can't say it hasn't been an experience though, in many ways it flipped my life upside down. A ton of strife has come in my personal life as a result of choosing to try and do this.  Without going into too much detail, let's just say I don't think my wife will be overly upset with the band's decision, she wasn't thrilled with the fact that I decided to try and join one in the first place.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have that gross sinking feeling in the stomach at the moment and it would be easy to sit here and be sad or to regret the last couple months.  I'm not going to do that though, if it's over, so be it. I'll just have to find a new opportunity and any lessons learned during the experience were probably ones that needed to be learned anyway.

*Update*

Well I talked with our drummer, and it looks like my instincts were good.  Guitarist and Bass wanted to bring in a new singer, so they've been working with him.  They still haven't decided though on whether they want the new guy in or not, so that's where the lack of confirmation has come in on it.  So I'm in a holding pattern for it, for now. 

As the drummer said, "welcome to the world of musicians."  I guess we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Sorry to hear that--but every life experience offers us something, so walk away with the positives and leave the rest.

Michael said...

Thanks, that's definitely the way I want to approach it.