Thursday, January 28, 2010

Band update

I was hoping to come up with a snarky headline for this article.  You can see that I didn't accomplish that goal. 

I've been replaced in the band.  I found out when the guys were courteous enough to give me a follow up call letting me know they decided to go with the new singer I looked at the facebook page and noticed that the band members had been updated and all references to me had been removed. 

Which brings to a close a rather interesting 6 month chapter in my life. I haven't decided on my next steps. I'll probably scan the web ads occassionally to see if there are openings that fit my style and I'll also visit some spots where I have a chance to run into some musicians and see what develops from there.  I'm in no hurry, if something fits I'll give it a shot, otherwise I think I might pursue another idea I've been kicking around for awhile.  I'll expand on that another time. 

Regardless of how this first experience ended, I had a lot of fun over the past 6 months and I'm definitely glad I gave it a try.

No comments: