Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Thoughts 20

Looking over my list of posts, I haven't posted a Friday thought list since Halloween. These last few months have flown by. We are definitely overdue for another list, so here we go.

1. 2 more work days until vacation, how sweet is that? A full 12 days off from work, I don't think I've had that many consecutive days off from work, since I was 15.

2. I'm really tired of turkey for a while. My wife mentioned that she started to feel like we were in Forrest Gump. Where turkey had replaced shrimp. Turkey cocktail, turkey sandwiches, turkey pizza, turkey blah

3. The CD is done and the .wav files are supposed to be sent to me sometime in the next day or so. Now I have to figure out how to get them posted here. If it was video it would be easy.

4. Fruit roll ups are too small.

5. Cookie madness is about to take over the house, there is likely to be flour everywhere, it's rather unfortunate for our black dog, as his coat seems to show off the flour particularly well. Although if he didn't hover under our feet so much, he would likely have much less flour on him.

6. If I haven't mentioned it my daughter has been extremely affectionate lately. She's been grabbing a pillow and watching a movie each night, laying up against me. I'm hopeful it's just because she's feeling comfortable and not due to the extra padding I'm sure my stomach is showcasing lately due to me being MIA from the gym for the past month and a half.

7. I don't like the new book e-readers like Kindle and the Sony one, they'll never replace books for me if I can help it. The only use I can see out of them is helping schools and students with reducing the expenses of books, where the publishing companies change one word per year in order to sell a new 'version'.

8. There are not many things that do not taste better with whip cream.

9. One of my favorite Christmas MadTV clips:



10. More MadTV spreading Holiday cheer, what can I say I have a bit of a morbid sense of humor. Apologies for the foreign subtitles, I had no luck finding one without them.



A couple of good lines from this clip, but I think my favorite is, "You're a bright and special child, April. but i still have to smoke ya!"

Have a great weekend, hope the weather stays nice where you are, and that you don't have to eat turkey all weekend.

No comments: