Thursday, December 24, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

I've not gotten to all the posts I wanted to this week, but it's been surprisingly busy, the good news is today we closed on a very large deal I've been working on for over 18 months. Typically a long deal process for us is 3, so it gives you an idea how different this one is.

Anyway, a quick post about a decision my wife and I are struggling with. How to display the bike for Christmas. Since our little one has been 'wishing' for a big girl bike at every opportunity and we've obliged, our decision now is how to have Santa present it.

Do we put it under the tree and risk all other presents being ignored? Do we hide it in another room and risk the possibility of our girl being crushed when she doesn't see it right away? Or do we play it by ear a bit.

Tonight I'm leaning towards hiding it and presenting it as her last gift. My reasoning is that in the end she's going to get it so any crushing emotions should be fairly limited by the fact that there is a tree full of gifts in front of her. This is subject to change until tomorrow at least.

If your wondering, yes I could honestly create an argument with myself over anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

Michael said...

Yes, please feel free to quote me in your blog. My twitter id is jinxclev. I'd be interested in reading your blog if you'd include a link in the comments section as well.