Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day stuck in reverse

Why are there days when I seem to be stuck in reverse?

I guess I should clarify, sometimes I'm amazed at the things my wandering mind will think about. I find myself thinking about things from years past and drifting off into a day dream state on certain days. It doesn't help that I don't think there is anything driving this trip down memory lane. There isn't any problem in real life or coincidence that seem to be triggering it, it just seems to be very random day dreaming.

So I'm kind of pissed about it, as it's interrupting my work time and screwing up my concentration. If it's going to interfere with my focus, it needs to at least be productive. I would suggest something akin to past life memories from the movie"Dead Again" where the hypnotist used the past life memories of his patients to secure himself family heirlooms and wealth. I probably wouldn't mind the occasional mind wander if it came back with say a couple gold doubloons or something equally valuable.

No comments: