Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday thoughts (Halloween edition)

Here we go another list of 10 meanderings.

1. I don't care how old I get, I don't think I'll ever not love Halloween.

2. At this point in my life, as I start reflecting on the past some (more on some days, less on others). I love thinking about Halloweens of years past, some of my favorite, parties, trips, memories, and drama from my twenties happened during this weekend.

3. I haven't decided what to wear tomorrow for the party at my brother's house. Nothing ground breaking, pirate, punk rocker, or something that's fun to wear but not cumbersome.

4. Bronwyn is dressing up as a princess this year, (big surprise :) ). I believe she's chose Belle from Beauty and the Beast over, Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. However as with any women, I think she's reserved the right to change her mind 5 minutes prior to going out.

5. I think I'm going to take Laurie to a Haunted House tomorrow before the party. She's been wanting to go, we haven't been in about 3 years. We used to make it a couples night out, but a couple years ago, I really started to dread standing outside with a pack of teenagers.

6. I could do without carving pumpkins on Halloween, I know it's for the little one, but I so tire of pumpkin goop.

7. Not really Halloween specific, but the Automatic for the People album by REM always reminds me of October/Fall/Halloween, just something haunting about it.

8. I have bought no Halloween candy this year, save the gross candy corn, that my daughter asked for and then very wisely didn't eat.

9. I do hate that most gatherings and all trick or treats are on the same night this year (Saturday around here). I'd have rather they put trick or treating tonight, at least all the communities are doing it at night this year.

10. I miss the fact that we don't get an extra hour for Saturday night "Halloween" anymore, since they changed Daylight savings around.

Have a Happy and Safe Halloween everyone.

No comments: