Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday, is it over yet?

Just thought I'd post some random things on what's currently going on this week. Band practice was moved to tonight from our usual Tuesday and I'm chomping at the bit to get back. It's the first time in 2 weeks, I haven't been dealing with a cold. Only 10 days now until our first show. . Thankfully the show is just for friends at the drummer's place (wide open farmland in Medina). Hopefully most attendees will be well imbibed before we take the stage. We should have some stuff on facebook or the web after the show

It's one of those weird work weeks, crazy busy one minute and then dead for an hour or two, I guess it's a function of getting to the end of fiscal Q3 and partially due to the holiday weekend coming up. So many people took this week or next week off, I think it throws everything out of the loop.

I'm looking forward to this 3 day weekend though, going away for work and some vacation during July 4th weekend really screwed up the summer schedule for me as I haven't had an at home 3 day weekend since Memorial Day. It's my own fault as I've been squirreling away vacation days until end of the year, so it's not whining, just a fact.

It's going to be a pretty busy weekend I think though, Laurie's got plans on Saturday, so I'm taking Bronwyn over to my brother's inlaw's house where they are having a pig roast. And then on Sunday we are hosting our first BBQ of the summer here at our house. Hoping for a good turnout Sunday, but haven't received a ton of responses from the email. Based on previous results though, I think people that regularly come, just intend to come and figure we know they will and the only time they respond if they are not coming. I guess we'll find out Sunday though.

That's it for now, hope you are having a good week.

No comments: