Monday, September 28, 2009

Tales from the weekend

It was quite a weekend, had our second show Saturday night and it went very well. The weather was horrible, constant rain, but it didn't seem to affect the crowd at the Pig Roast. There were probably 60-70 people at the roast, and I think they were all packed into the garage where we played. Crowd was great and definitely enjoyed the first two sets of the night. I ran out of energy during the third set. A big part of that was first time through syndrome, i.e understanding how much energy you are going to need to complete something and not overspending it early.

I also got a chance to set up the equipment for the first time, even for a small group, it's a ton of stuff and kind of fascinating, once you start understand what goes where. Overall though I'd have to say it was a very successful second show. Even better is that I had a chance to review some singing techniques and tips with a voice coach on Friday and apply them to Saturday's show and I'm happy to report that there was no loss of voice on Sunday.


I'm all over the place in writing this morning, trying to put it together between work and watching the little one.

The last thing I want to recap from the weekend though is Sunday, had a chance to take the family to see 'Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs' always fun to take Bronwyn to a movie and depending on the movie, she can actually sit through the whole thing. It was a good time and a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Outside of that though, I was amazed at how affectionate Bronwyn was towards me on Sunday, constant hugs and kisses, cuddling up when she was tired and multiple other actions. I swear if I didn't know better then I would have believed she was working an angle for something she wanted, but it wasn't the case, she just seemed to be rather loving for the day. Considering the last week or so, she seems to have been in one of those phases where she was definitely withholding the affection a bit or at least directing it elsewhere. It was nice to see the previous phase end and makes for quite a rewarding day with all the hugs and cuddling up.

No comments: