Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A dilemna of fashion proportions

Yes, it's true, I'm a bit neurotic, especially when it comes to clothes. We've discussed this before though in the blog, so I won't rehash the whole thing. But I thought it would be a good time to write out what I'm trying to decide to wear today.

Hmm, this is my thought process so far:

Here's what I know:

1. Band has fairly wide range of music (Elvis to Danzig) so putting them on types of clothes is a little hard, however given most of their sound is more rock then light, I'm counting on a Tshirt/jeans kind of look.

2. Practice area likely to be sort of outside, by that I mean a temporary or barn type structure. Temperatures are likely to be in the 80's or 90s.

3. I don't wear tshirts out and my collection of them is minimal at best.

4. Hitting the right note on what the hell to where is as important to me for this as it would be for any job interview. Then again, I could just be overthinking this (of course I'm overthinking this, but I'm actually sort of enjoying this, if you haven't realized already, there is about 50% seriousness to my thoughts on this and 50% fun with it)

Those are the parameters. Since most of my clothes that I'm most comfortable in are of the long sleeve variety, we can pretty much rule those out. (Crap). I have decided to wear jeans, if it winds up matching the shirt I choose. Dark cargo pants could actually be better dealing with the heat, but jeans work and it's likely to be what they are wearing. F

or those wondering, shorts just are not going to fly. It's pretty tough to project any image other then doofus by a guy who's wearing shorts. Don't think so, name me a guy that projects a strong image in shorts, and provide picture or link. (for those that want to name athletes, you might be right, but let's face it, 90% of us don't have athlete style bodies). Don't misconstrue this for an anti-short rant. It's not, but for this situation, shorts aren't going to work for me. Remember too, I'm working on setting an impression here, if I start practicing with these guys and feeling comfortable, I may very well wear shorts, but for first impression, it's not an option in my opinion.

Shirt wise, I'm going a bit out of my mind. I just don't have any light material shirts, that project the image I'm looking for. Laid back, maybe a little quirky, good look, different but not too different. I think I've found one button up short sleeve shirt. It's black (big surprise I know) and it's not overly dressy, plus with jeans on it will bring it's dressiness down a bit.

So with some black shoes, the jeans and the black shirt, possibly an old worn out necklace that I have, I think I have the look I want to wear tonight. Now it's just a matter of being able to sing and finishing printing some of my cheat sheets for the set list.

2 comments:

Monica said...

In my personal experience, a muumuu never fails to leave an impression. Of course, what that impression is is another matter all together.

Michael said...

A muumuu would definitely have left an impression, and given that workouts have gotten less frequent for the summer, might have been appropriate :)