Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More meanderings

We drove back from Omaha right after I finished work Monday. Left about 5pm Central and got home 6am eastern. Completely exhausted, I took a half day off from work and slept for 5 and then slept 2 more once I finished working.

Wife is supposed to get confirmation tomorrow on whether they are going to offer her the job, but seeing that it was the Principal that interviewed her for 2 hours, took her on a tour of the school and introduced her to staff and showed her the room, not to mention was the one that told her to call HR, it's looking pretty good. Especially considering HR, told Laurie they are just waiting on said principal to confirm to them that they want to hire her.

So I'll likely be off this weekend back to Omaha to secure housing and start laying some foundation. Laurie will probably come out the weekend after that, as she starts on the 4th and then I'll head back here to Cleveland, to begin the process of getting the house on the market, etc. It's going to be a busy couple weeks to say the least.

One other thing from last weekend, I got a call from a friend on Saturday that was having a bit of a rough time, so I drove out and met him after we finished the driveway. We got to spend some time just bs'ing for the night and although we were planning on leaving at 5am on Sunday for Omaha and my friend's is about an hour from my house, definitely worth it. After that little get together, I came up with my new tag line.

You know you are with a good friend when you reminisce and all of the past sounds like very good Seinfeld episodes.

No comments: