Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Thoughts 11





Sitting here on a dreary Friday morning. Hoping it would either just rain and get it over with or let the sun come out.




I can't say it's been an interesting week, it's been pretty boring from a work perspective and with my trip 3 weeks from now, I find myself looking towards that more and more, which is a nice distraction to have. Having said all that, here are Friday's thoughts.




1. I'm sort of surprised I enjoyed bowling as much as I did on Wednesday. I think it's due to the fact that I don't know how to fit it into my self identity. I just don't think of myself as a bowler and not sure I can think of myself as one. It's interesting as typically my view of hobbies is to do what you like. I have a feeling it's something I associate with my father and I'm rebelling against it.


2. Just a point for clarity that I may never have mentioned before. I think my father is a wonderful person, an excellent father, and I love and respect him deeply. My struggle lately to 'differentiate' myself is seeing where he and some of his friends are at this point in their life. I see them frustrated at times and depressed over how things may or may not be. It's my perception of their situation and may or may not be right. The fact is I don't want to end up that way regardless of whether they actually are. So I'm trying to understand myself and the coming years more to try and prepare to how I want to handle it. Too long a point for Friday thoughts, so that's enough for now.

3. I haven't made it to the gym in weeks, thankfully I have been bike riding, but it grates at the back of me that my gym membership is sitting unused. I need to get back up there at least once or twice a week even with summer here.

4. I've been catching up on renting movies lately. While they were critically panned. Paul Blart: Mall cop, and Adam Sandler's Bedtime stories were pretty good. Some predictable laughs, but not a bad way to spend the evening with nothing on TV on a rainy night.

5. Looking forward to seeing Clint Eastwood's Grand Torino soon, maybe this weekend.


6. After the great BBQ food last week, we sort of had a cooking hangover this week, too many nights of ordering out. Funny how that works.

7. Looking forward to belated birthday party for my goddaughter tomorrow. It's at the Great Lakes Science center, so should be a fun time. I thought this picture was a nice contrast to her


8. Laurie's new hearing device seems to be working well, although she says she's not used to it yet, of course at the time she didn't have it in and has been using it sparingly. I did mention to her it's hard to get used to the feeling of wearing it, if in fact you aren't wearing it.


9. Have the BBQ meal planned for this weekend, steak, stuffed mushrooms and some type of potato. Can't wait either going to cook it up Saturday or Sunday.


10. I'm looking forward to the new iPhone operating system that comes out on Wednesday. I can't believe it's taken them this long to have SMS multimedia capabilities.


11. It's been awhile since I posted another hottie, she reminds me of my wife. Sexy, beautiful, funny, and a bit goofy at times, Anna Faris. I thought this picture was a nice contrast to the type of roles she gets. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0267506/

No comments: