Thursday, June 4, 2009

Friday Thoughts 10

Here we go.......


1. Cleveland's talk radio host Mike Trivisonno is a twit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Trivisonno . Putting all the things wrong with his views into words would take multiple blog posts and to do so would be more time then I wish to waste on someone so ignorant. If you are local, take a listen for yourself and make your own opinion, if you aren't local, be glad. It's embarrassing that he's #1 or #2 rated talk show host regularly.

2. Frost/Nixon is very good, well worth a rental. Felt like I was watching a Rocky movie. Back in December, I heard a very good interview between Ron Howard and Bob Costas, 2 hours of discussion on the movie and some great insight. It was one of those unfortunate coincidences as I was driving to Canada and my Ipod transmitter wasn't working. It's well worth a listen if you have the time. (Unable to find a link for the interview archive, sorry)

3. Wife and I are off to the Boneyard in Mayfield tonight (and this time I'm going to make it there). It's Rockstar Karaoke night. Cheesy? Definitely, but fun. Besides it's one of the few times I get to perform on stage with a full band.

4. I'm feeling really good lately, have a strong positive outlook going.

5. I'm not usually one to care about stupid things like whether or not fans should vote for Manny Ramirez for the All Star Game. But I was thinking about it this week and if MLB players can make a mockery of the game through steroid use, then please don't tell me fans shouldn't be able to make a mockery of the All Star Game.

6. I wonder how players who have never taken steroids feel. Everyone during this era has become a suspect. Maybe someday some of the non-users will speak out. I have no idea if they used, but players like Frank Thomas, Jim Thome, Carlos Delgado, and Fred McGriff come to mind. all were/are considered good for their time but have rarely been considered best overall players. If it wasn't for steroid inflated statistics, the type of numbers these 4 put up would have classified them as the elite of our generation. Maybe that's the way we try and figure out who did and who didn't?

7. Song of the week: Not enough time by INXS (I forgot how much I loved the last Michael Hutchence INXS album). I can't believe I actually saw them in concert at the IX center of all places. Weird venue for a show.

8. I'm amazed at how much my pug hates getting his nails clipped, it took every ounce of my strength yesterday to hold him as the vet clipped him. My arm looked like swiss cheese after that process. He is one stubborn dog, I can't believe that at some point he doesn't relent and give up, but he fought for the full 30 minutes it took to get them all clipped.

9. This week I've been missing my first dog, Kasey. She passed away a couple years ago. I have been thinking about her, she was a female golden retriever with the most attitude I've ever seen from a dog. I'll post about her sometime, but I honestly don't know if I'll ever be as close to a dog again after her. I do love our pug Edgar, but in many ways I view him as Laurie's dog, so our bond isn't quite the same.

10. Here is a tasty refreshing summer dessert recipe for you:
Key Lime Pie:
1/2 cup lime juice (much better with real and much, much better with key lime juice)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (fat free is fine)
1 tub of 8 or 9oz whipped cream.

Combine all ingredients and mix together, don't worry about not folding the whipped cream in, the texture will still be fine. If you can whip the mixture for a while and work some air into the mixture it will be a lighter texture, but you don't need to mix long. Throw it in a pie crust (graham preferably), refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set and then eat.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

2 comments:

Blonde4ever said...

Don't torture me with Key Lime Pie recipes!

That is like my favorite thing on earth!!!!

Evil man! LOL!

Michael said...

They are good, and compared to other desserts not the worst thing in the world to eat :)