Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Checking in midweek

It seems I've been back and forth chasing my Internet service provider all week to keep me connected. It wouldn't be a bad thing if it was just for recreation, but working from home means it really sucks. When service goes down during the day it can usually mean to a long working night.

I call in this morning, because service was down again. No outages in area and they couldn't see my modem. Ok, so I'll take it into the service store and have them replace it. I start to disconnect the cable line and it's Christmas tree time. WTF? I'm guessing something got a bit loose during all the reboots I've done lately on the system. Ugh, well at least I'm back up.

This has turned out to be a pretty busy week too. Bronwyn started her next gymnastics/dance (tumble) class this week. She's moved up to the PeeWee level, so now when we take her we don't accompany her on the floor. Exciting, proud, and depressing all at the same time. She did great her first night though and gets more and more excited each week for tumble.

I'm taking the family out to dinner and to the Natural History Museum tonight. Laurie and I thought it might be a nice weeknight change of pace and after Bronwyn actually sat through the first Night at the Museum movie, it definitely seems like a solid idea. It will be nice to get out of the house mid-week as well. The one negative is it makes time fly when we start scheduling these recreational activities. Why can't I figure out how to do this during the winter?

Tomorrow night, Laurie and I have a date night of sorts, we are going out to Blossom Music Center for a concert. Def Leppard, Poison, and Cheap Trick. It should make for an interesting night. Laurie's excited to 'dress' for the show as she says, as she's looking forward to rocking some 80's style. I'm excited to go, although a bit ho hum about the bands, I like them, just not a huge fan. I'm waiting for 10 years from now so my 90's faves are grouping up and playing Blossom. Forecast calls for rain, which should make it interesting if it does, it also is likely to be a long night, especially since Blossom's about 30 minutes from our house and getting out of a concert there is downright painful. I'm hoping to get some pics which I'll post on here if I get a chance.

That's it for now, work is getting busier which is good, although people are in CYA mode right now, so it makes it a bit difficult to 'work together' on things. I'm looking forward to being out of the office starting on the 4th. It will be a welcome relief to be disconnected for a couple days.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Urgh, rain at Blossom? You pushing your car out of the mud in your socks and sandals would have made for a great picture.

Michael said...

Ha, that would have made for quite a visual.