Wednesday, May 27, 2009

et tu Lebron

I should have known..... As I've mentioned previously I just don't watch a ton of sports anymore. I'd have to say I watch basketball the least of the 3 major sports nowadays. While I'll follow how the team is doing on the web, I rarely watch an entire game. I just don't have as much time as I used to and in truth the game has changed in the last 15 years. I've not been a fan of the changes and it's only helped fuel my disinterest in the sport.

So of course I decided to watch game 3 of the Orlando series where we got pummeled and then subjected myself to the heart wrenching game 4 last night. Here I was enjoying the fact that they were doing well. Casually following the team and not becoming emotionally invested. As soon as I decide to become emotionally invested, blammo. That's right my ego-centric view of the world has determined that the reason for the last two losses is a direct result of me watching the games.

It has nothing to do with how they played or Cleveland curses, I am ready to accept responsibility for the playoff losses. Feel free to throw fruits and vegetables at me while I'm on the streets. I completely understand the need for Cleveland fans to express their frustrations and I'm more then prepared to do my part.

No comments: