Friday, February 27, 2009

Interruption from regularly scheduled program



I've been thinking more about this blog lately. It's been about 2 weeks into it and I'm enjoying the ability to express my thoughts and emotions. It's been very cathartic. The content has been bugging me a bit. Let's face it, it's been a bit sappy and wimpy. So in danger of having the man card revoked, I've decided I'm going to rectify the problem with a weekly topic. I'll keep it up as long as it takes, with the goal of bringing the blog back into balance and show a more balanced picture. I think I'll come up with a name for the weekly posts, something like Testosterone Fridays has a nice ring to it, but I haven't decided on what works best.

Michael on babys:

My wife's cousin just had her first child this week. Congrats to Gayle and Rob for their little baby boy (Alex, 5 1/2 lbs). There's been a bit of a baby run for my wife's cousins this year, I think this is the third. Of course she gets all excited about them and can't wait to hold them, cuddle them, pinch cheeks etc, etc.

My thoughts: Blah, blah, blah, it's a baby, sure I suppose they are cute, but I can't see them as more then an eating, pooping, noisemaking machine. I don't have any pressing desire to hold them or touch them. If I could get away with it, I'd merely look at the baby, nod to the parents as acknowledgement that I saw their child and be done with it.

About 3-5 months in babies become interesting, even my own little one, didn't move me much until I knew that she was smiling because I came in the room.
Random masculine things for the week.

1. Megan Fox , is there anything else that needs to be said. Hey, the wife can drool over Johnny Depp, a guy can look can't he?
2. Looking forward to the Watchmen movie coming out, great series from what I understand and if it's similar to Sin City in cinematography, I'll be pleased.
3. I hate home repair, between the issues I'm having with the garage roof I finished in the fall and the friggin dishwasher I just replaced, I really just want to tear down the garage and put a big piece of plywood over the cabinet area the dishwasher goes in and forget about them.

1 comment:

wendy said...

I prefer Angelina...